0481 340 011
I learn from children, adults, dogs and beatles, run workshops, paint, re-appropriate under utilised space, create beauty, challenge perceptions, experience hurt and joy, engage in social movements and sometimes garden in evening dress.
Central to my work is the idea of justice and the ways in which beauty and justice are related – as intangible, desireable and an aesthetic response. A key focus for me is always looking for the beauty that is otherwise overlooked, and for the political discourse that is silent until we look for beauty in unexpected places.
I like to challenge pre-conceived ideas about the world, your place in it and the (non)fixedness of the structures it is built around: class, race, property and power... This include installations in public, private and re-appropriated space, running workshops with people who want to do great things and occasionally entering art exhibitions.
- Honours in Law: First Class, The University of Melbourne, 2011.
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Melbourne, 2011.
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Theory and Community Development) The University of Melbourne, 2011.
- Advanced Diploma in Visual Art, Hunter Newcastle TAFE, 2002.
- Exhibitor - In.Cube8.or, Fitzroy, current.
- Exhibitor - The Rites of Spring, North East Artisans, Benalla, current.
- Exhibitor - Needs/ Wants (installation), Folk, Rhythm and Life, Bilyana, 2016.
- Exhibitor - Make Friends With a Stranger (installation), Folk, Rhythm and Life Festival, Eldorado, 2016.
- Exhibitor - A Women’s Sky (Installation) Happy Wanderer Festival, Bilyana, 2016.
- Finalist - Benalla Nude, Benalla Regional Art Gallery, 2014.
- Director - World Without Sexual Assault Artistic Intervention 2010.
- Exhibitor and Curator - Surfacing Spaces, North Fitzroy, 2009.
- Exhibitor - G20 Empty Show, Carlton, 2008.
- Contributor – Agents of Proximity, Melbourne Fringe Festival, 2007.
- Exhibitor – Latitude and Longitude, Wangaratta Art Gallery, 2003.
- Exhibitor – The Art of Depression, Benalla Regional Art Gallery, 2002.
- Exhibitor – Naked, Newcastle, NSW, 2001